To obtain hitched in Nova Scotia, you must have a married relationship Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You’ll want a wedding Licence to obtain married in Nova Scotia. You will need the licence just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a couple of months through the date it is granted.
You can easily pick a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice associated with comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You’ll want 2 folks who are at the least 16 years witness that is old ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your spiritual agent, justice for the comfort or judge will provide you a memento certificate. This document is certainly not proof that is legal of.
After a wedding is registered, you are able to submit an application for a marriage that is official, which will be appropriate proof wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are likely to get married away from Nova Scotia, you ought to contact the jurisdiction where in fact the wedding service will need location for certification and enrollment demands.
You could get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You will need a consent that is signed if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get hitched if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married want to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form has to be witnessed by the authorized agent. If both ongoing parties aren’t accessible to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. It is possible to make an application for a licence and obtain hitched in Nova Scotia even though you don’t are now living in the province.
How exactly to use
- See Access Nova Scotia or A deputy issuer of marriage Licences in your community.
- Complete the application kind form you’ll get.
- Look at the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Offer your finished application, supporting papers and payment into the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a Marriage Licence.
- Offer your wedding Licence to your spiritual representative, justice regarding the comfort or judge ahead of the marriage service.
Just how long it requires
The licence should be got by you straight away. It could take more time if extra information will become necessary or if your type hasn’t been filled in correctly.
Re re re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, United states Express, debit card, cheque, money purchase, money. a cheque or cash order must be made payable to your Minister of Finance. Re re Payment choices can vary dependent on the way you use.
Be sure you have actually:
- finalized bit of government-issued recognition and evidence of age for both individuals engaged and getting married
- evidence of breakup if either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), combined with affidavit
- proof death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of the parents or guardians, if needed (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
In the event that you want to get hitched at a Registry workplace, at the least four weeks prior to the ceremony, you and your spouse must attend an interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage. The Notice stays legitimate for as much as 18 months.
You are able to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to go to an meeting at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Service Centre.
- The marriageable age is 18 years. If somebody, perhaps maybe not yet 18, wants to marry ahead of their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to provide a ‘Section 12’ order can provide authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 people aged under 18 years aren’t permitted to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding are lodged before the eighteenth birthday celebration, so long as the wedding does occur following the birthday celebration.
The thing you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of paperwork aren’t accepted.
Simple tips to use
- Look at the eligibility needs.
- Download and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary documents.
- Choose the ‘Book a consultation’ key.
- Go into the needed information.
- Go to your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re payment, and verify the time and date when it comes to ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for as much as eighteen months.
- The lodgement fee is non-refundable.
- If you want aid in making plans for your Registry marriage ceremony, complete the online Wedding reserving form, in addition to Registry are certain to get in contact with you.
Re re Payment practices
You are able to review transaction re re payment choices on our re payment practices web web page.